Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas with Fresh Dill and Parsley
- 2 cups dried black eyed beans
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh parsley, stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup fresh dill, stems removed, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 slices orange with peel and flesh
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups water
Wash the dried black-eyed peas very well and pick out any stones.
Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot. Stir very well.
Put the top on the Instant Pot and lock in.
IMPORTANT! Make sure the vent on top is set to "sealing". If it is set to "venting", it won't seal in the pressure.
Press manual on your Instant Pot and set it to 25 minutes. Once you hear a beep and it shows "On", you can walk away and the Instant Pot does the rest!
Calories: 409kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 6gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 26gSodium: 77mgPotassium: 423mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 5026IUVitamin C: 27mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 3mg