Greek White Bean Soup with Orange Slices and Olive Oil (Fasolada)
- 4 large carrots, sliced thin
- 5 celery sticks, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 slices orange (skin and flesh)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 15 ounces cannellini (white) beans 4 cans
- 2 cups water
Sauté carrots, celery, and onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add oregano and bay leaf.
Add orange slices and tomato paste. Sauté for 2 minutes
Add Cannellini beans, 2 cans with liquid, 2 cans drained. Add 2 cups water.
Simmer for 30-40 minutes until soup thickens, stirring occasionally.
Calories: 505kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 16gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gSodium: 69mgPotassium: 1141mgFiber: 12gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 5182IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 177mgIron: 7mg