Moroccan Fish Stew with Fresh Herbs
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin rounds
- 2 peppers, cut into small strips
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 20 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 pinch cayenne or other hot pepper
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pound mackerel or other white fish without bones
In a Dutch oven or thick bottomed pot with a cover, sauté onions, garlic and peppers in 4 Tablespoons olive oil for a few minutes until soft.
Add potatoes, lemon juice and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add olives, spices, parsley and cilantro. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add fish and cook covered on simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft and fish is done (about 20 minutes).
Calories: 2002kcalCarbohydrates: 153gProtein: 113gFat: 108gSaturated Fat: 20gPolyunsaturated Fat: 17gMonounsaturated Fat: 63gCholesterol: 213mgSodium: 4078mgPotassium: 5866mgFiber: 28gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 10654IUVitamin C: 432mgCalcium: 465mgIron: 22mg