Beef Cacciatore (Italy)
- 1 pound beef, cut into thin slices (chuck roast is a good choice)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Your choice of pasta (regular or gluten free), cooked or prepared rice
Add olive oil to a pot, heat on medium and then add meat and brown well. Add onions and saute for 1 minute. Add peppers and saute for 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook until meat is tender, about 40 minutes.
Remove most of the sauce with the peppers (leave the meat in the pot) and puree in a food processor. Add back to the pot and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring continually.
Serve with your choice of pasta (can use gluten free pasta or rice as well)
Calories: 307kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 14gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 268mgPotassium: 492mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2040IUVitamin C: 80mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 2mg