Shrimp with Feta and Tomatoes (Crete)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 pound medium sized shrimp, shells removed and de-veined
- 1/2 pound feta, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a large frying pan, sauté the onion, pepper, and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the shrimp and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add the feta and simmer for 5 more minutes. Salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories: 420kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 33gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 336mgSodium: 1520mgPotassium: 395mgFiber: 2gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1684IUVitamin C: 54mgCalcium: 464mgIron: 3mg