Briam - Baked Vegetables in Olive Oil (Island of Ikaria-Greece)
- 2 small eggplant, cut into large, thick strips 2 small or 1 large
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces 4 small or 2 large
- 3-4 small zucchini, ends cut off and cut into large pieces
- 2 onions, cut in half
- 1 red pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 orange pepper, cut into large pieces
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch dill, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large Dutch oven or baking dish, mix all ingredients except feta. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
Bake for 1 hour and stir. Re-cover and bake for another hour. Remove from oven, stir in feta cheese and serve immediately.
Calories: 411kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 10gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 881mgPotassium: 1393mgFiber: 10gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 1677IUVitamin C: 102mgCalcium: 214mgIron: 3mg