Horta (Greens) with Potatoes (Recipe and How-To Video)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 bunches swiss chard, stems removed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 package spinach, stems removed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 6 baby potatoes, peeled and cut into halves
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium sized pot (the less wide, the better) add olive oil and water.
Add all other ingredients except for lemon juice.
Bring to a boil and then lower to simmer.
Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring often. Add more water, if needed, but most of the water should boil out leaving mostly olive oil.
Add lemon juice in last few minutes of cooking. Salt and pepper, to taste.
Calories: 401kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 5gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 257mgPotassium: 912mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 10558IUVitamin C: 61mgCalcium: 118mgIron: 4mg