Perfect Boiled Eggs
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Place desired amount of eggs in a pot and fill with COLD water. Fill with enough water to cover the eggs by about 1/2 inch. Make sure there is a little “room” for the eggs to breath – in other words…don’t stuff the pot FULL with eggs…make sure they can “move” around a little. I find that a medium size pot will hold about 8 eggs.
- Place the pot on the stove and turn the burner on HIGH and wait for the eggs to boil.
- Once the eggs start to boil, let them boil for about 30 seconds.
- Place on a tight fitting lid and remove the eggs from the heat.
- Let them sit for 14 minutes exactly.
- Remove the lid and run the eggs under COLD water for about a minute.
- When you’re ready to peel them – find the “bottom” of the egg and gently tap the end, peeling away the shell while running the egg under a cold stream of water. The cold running water will help “lift” the shell from the egg.
- Use as desired.
About the Recipe Author
Blaise Doubman is the creator of the website "Blaise the Baker". His blog features recipes (both sweet and savory), cookbook reviews, column pieces, food tricks, kitchen tips and an "ask" ...More from this author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!