Perfect Boiled Eggs
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.8 /5)
- 4 ratings
- Place desired amount of eggs in a pot and fill with COLD water. Fill with enough water to cover the eggs by about 1/2 inch. Make sure there is a little “room” for the eggs to breath – in other words…don’t stuff the pot FULL with eggs…make sure they can “move” around a little. I find that a medium size pot will hold about 8 eggs.
- Place the pot on the stove and turn the burner on HIGH and wait for the eggs to boil.
- Once the eggs start to boil, let them boil for about 30 seconds.
- Place on a tight fitting lid and remove the eggs from the heat.
- Let them sit for 14 minutes exactly.
- Remove the lid and run the eggs under COLD water for about a minute.
- When you’re ready to peel them – find the “bottom” of the egg and gently tap the end, peeling away the shell while running the egg under a cold stream of water. The cold running water will help “lift” the shell from the egg.
- Use as desired.
Blaise Doubman is the creator of the website "Blaise the Baker". His blog features recipes (both sweet and savory), cookbook reviews, column pieces, food tricks, kitchen tips and an "ask" ...Read more about this chef..
JOIN OUR 10 WEEK PROGRAM
The Next Session Starts June 14th, 2021
The Mediterranean Way 10 Week Diet & Lifestyle program teaches you everything you need to know to easily and deliciously get the benefits of the proven healthy Mediterranean diet. Meal Plans, Recipes, Shopping Lists, Weekly Challenges and Lessons, Private Facebook Support Group, Cooking Videos and more!
“This program is a way of life, one which I have adopted successfully, and more importantly one which I have sustained for over one year now. My weight remains steady at 160 pounds (down from 216). My energy levels rival that of someone 20 years younger than me (I’m now 57), enabling me to exercise in any way that I desire, from lifting weights to intense cardio sessions.”
— Michael Little
“After completing my 10-week program, I had a regularly-scheduled appointment with my doctor. Because my cholesterol has always been above the normal range (229 last year) I requested that she test it again this year. I’m happy to report that my total cholesterol dropped to 169, which is in the normal range, and all my other numbers improved as well.”
— Claire C.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cookbook
"The scientifically acclaimed “Mediterranean Diet” is presented at its best here, with the liberal use of olive oil and plenty of vegetable and fish dishes in addition to mezedes (appetizers), meat dishes, desserts, and pretty much every Cretan dish you can think of."