What could be better than drinking a coffee in the morning? How about enjoying a cappuccino muffin with your coffee? Double the pleasure! Although, you won’t get as much of a buzz by eating one of these muffins as you would from a cup of coffee, you still will get a nice caffeine kick. These muffins are rich, moist and make a complete Mediterranean Diet breakfast. They go nicely with fresh fruit or yogurt. They also make great french toast muffins by dipping them in an egg/cinnamon mixture and frying them up in olive oil. However you eat them, I think you will find these Italian cappuccino muffins a delight! Enjoy!
Check out more Mediterranean breakfast recipes here.
Cappuccino Muffins (Italy)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup strong espresso or very strong brewed coffee cold
- Powdered sugar to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brush the muffin pan with butter.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt to a bowl and mix together.
- Make a hole in the middle of the flour and add sugar.
- Beat egg and cream with a hand mixer.
- Add the egg/cream mixture. and the coffee into the flour. Beat well with the hand mixer.
- Pour the muffin mix into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. To ensure they are fully cooked, poke with a knife. If the knife comes out dry they are ready, if not bake more.
- Allow the muffins to cool and then decorate with powdered sugar.