These crunchy and spicy chickpeas make for a great appetizer or snack. We highly recommend that you offer these up to your guests at your next gathering. We could eat these by the handfuls. They are seriously addicting!
Crunchy Spicy Chickpeas
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 large can chickpeas (~29 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Let drained chickpeas sit in a colander for about 10 minutes to dry. Line a small bowl with a paper towel. Pour chickpeas in bowl. Pat chickpeas dry with paper towel.
- Pour chickpeas in a dry bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Pour chickpeas onto a baking sheet. Spread them so that they are all in a single layer.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour. Check at 50 minutes. They should be somewhat crunchy when removed from oven. They will get crunchier as they cool. Be careful not to burn.
About the Recipe Author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!