This salad combines the fresh bounty of zesty spring greens with a trio of beans for a filling, nourishing and uplifting lunch. It also makes a lovely and healthy side for dinner. Citrus and garlic add extra flavor and the cheese crumbles mellow it out wonderfully. You can substitute any wild or bitter greens that you have on hand and bring spring right into your kitchen! This salad tastes even better if you eat it outside on a warm day.
Super Detox Greens and Beans Salad
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Add your rating below ↓
- 1 cup mustard greens, finely chopped
- 1 cup spring mix lettuce
- ½ cup chick peas, canned
- ½ cup cannellini beans, canned
- ½ cup kidney beans, canned
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Optional: ½ cup apple, chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ of a lemon
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp dried oregano (or 1 tsp fresh, chopped)
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, combine mustard greens, spring mix, beans, red onion and feta and apple pieces, if using.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well to coat, and enjoy!
Christine is the Wellness Coordinator for Mediterranean Living and is very happy to be involved in the development and growth of this organization. She has many years of experience in non-profit ...Read more about this chef..
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!