This salad combines the fresh bounty of zesty spring greens with a trio of beans for a filling, nourishing and uplifting lunch. It also makes a lovely and healthy side for dinner. Citrus and garlic add extra flavor and the cheese crumbles mellow it out wonderfully. You can substitute any wild or bitter greens that you have on hand and bring spring right into your kitchen! This salad tastes even better if you eat it outside on a warm day.
Super Detox Greens and Beans Salad
- 1 cup mustard greens, finely chopped
- 1 cup spring mix lettuce
- 1/2 cup chick peas, canned
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans, canned
- 1/2 cup kidney beans, canned
- 1/3 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped Optional
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (or 1 tsp fresh, chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a medium bowl, combine mustard greens, spring mix, beans, red onion and feta and apple pieces, if using.
- In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, mustard and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well to coat, and enjoy!
Made this salad Sunday night for the coming week. We both tasted it, and agreed it was delicious! Only refinement I made was to use bitter greens (mustard and arugula).
This salad is extremely refreshing and completely satisfying. I love that I can change out the spring salad mix, per availability, and make so many variations. This is super easy, especially for Lent, minus the feta and EVOO; just squeezed lemon over the top and good to go!!!! Looking forward to more salad recipes like this one!!!
I’m so glad you liked the salad. I like your adjustments for Lent.
Very delicious, glad I tried it…
Glad you thought so! Thanks for commenting!