Tzatziki is a popular, traditional Mediterranean Diet recipe. This Greek dip makes a delicious and filling appetizer or snack. It goes very well with dolmades or simply served with pita or cut vegetables. You can use more or less garlic depending upon your taste preferences.
Tzatziki Sauce: Greek Yogurt, Cucumber, Dill and Garlic
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and grated
- 1 pound Greek yogurt
- 3-4 cloves garlic cloves, mashed or squeezed through a garlic press
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Salt to taste
- Sprinkle grated cucumber with salt. Let sit in a colander to drain for 10 minutes, then squeeze out excess water with your hands.
- Combine yogurt, cucumber, garlic, oil, dill and salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- You can either serve immediately or chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
Calories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 8gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 29mgPotassium: 182mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 47IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 95mgIron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us about it!Click here to rate this recipe in the comments section below.
Don’t you have to drain the yogurt of excess water
If you use Greek yogurt, then there’s no need because it’s thick enough. If you use regular yogurt, then definitely!