Try your hand at a truly unique Mediterranean Diet Recipe: Black Eyed Beans And Avocado Salad. You’ll enjoy this fresh tasting recipe for lunch or a light dinner. And, enjoy the benefits of a protein and super-food packed meal. You can serve this warm or at room temperature. This salad also goes quite well as a side dish with chicken or fish.
Photo Credit: Christine Dutton
Black Eyed Beans And Avocado Salad (Crete)
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound Black Eyed Beans And Avocado Salad (Crete)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 avocados, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain and rinse soaked beans. Bring beans and 4 cups of water to a boil and continue to simmer until beans are soft. Drain into a colander.
- In a big salad bowl, mix the scallions, tomatoes, parsley, avocados and the beans.
- In a jar, shake lemon juice and olive oil. Add this to the bowl. Toss well. Salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 2gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 14mgPotassium: 366mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 691IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us about it!Click here to rate this recipe in the comments section below.
Leave A Comment