You may be craving a Cretan Salad without even knowing it! It’s a lovely and lively cross between a vegetarian Salade Nicoise and a Greek Salad. Chock full of delicious Mediterranean superfoods, this salad is great in any season and makes for a balanced meal. Served with a side of crusty sourdough bread, it is a great option for lunch, and won’t weigh you down. Or, you can serve it as a side with a hearty soup for dinner.
Photo Credit: Christine Dutton
Potato and Egg Salad with Olives and Feta (Crete)
- 2 or 3 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 3 hard boiled eggs, sliced into quarters
- 4 ounces Greek feta, cubed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil zucchini until soft. Rinse in cold water to cool, drain.
Boil potatoes until soft. Rinse in cold water to cool, drain.
Add all ingredients. Toss lightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 650kcalCarbohydrates: 58gProtein: 18gFat: 41gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 666mgPotassium: 2036mg