Falafel is a popular Mediterranean dish that is served up in countries such as Egypt, Israel and Lebanon. This is a great recipe and a wonderful option for a Vegan meal.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cups chickpeas (canned), rinsed, drained
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 1/4 cup chickpea or white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mince garlic and onion in a food processor
- Add all other ingredients. Pulse only until chickpeas are chopped.
- Form 2” round patties
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour (up to 1 hour).
- Fry on medium heat in olive oil.
- Top with tahini sauce. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, and pita bread.
Calories: 114kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 6gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 816mgPotassium: 230mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 128IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us about it!Click here to rate this recipe in the comments section below.
Made this recipe and it was delicious! I will be making this often. I added a little fresh lemon juice and red pepper flakes as a substitute for cayenne pepper because I was fresh out of it. Thank you for this flavorful recipe!