This Greek Feta Cheese Pancake is a guaranteed fun and easy project. In fact, we recommend this Mediterranean Diet breakfast recipe if you are looking for a project to cook with the kids. And, the results are tasty with a lovely presentation. This is an excellent option to bread to be served with a Mediterranean meal. And, it would be great as an appetizer or as part of a meze spread.
Check out more delicious Mediterranean Diet breakfast recipes here!
Feta Cheese Pancake (Tiganopita me Feta)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 3/4 cup flour
- 4 ounces feta, plus extra for additional topping
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Whisk eggs together in a bowl. Add in water, honey and 1 tsp of olive oil and thoroughly mix together. Add flour, butter and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover and let sit for 25 minutes to thicken. In the meantime, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together feta with herbs and 1 tsp olive oil. Once batter has thickened, add the feta cheese to batter.
- Pour batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Scatter extra feta over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Remove and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into small squares, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Leave A Comment