In the past, the only thing that I didn’t enjoy about grilling was how I felt afterwards. In the old days, when I was a kid, the victuals would always be pretty much the same: Hot dogs and hamburgers on white buns, sugary barbecued baked beans, macaroni salad, lots of varieties of potato chips and dips and of course, gallons of soda. The salt, fat and sugar abounded and I loved it all. I would always eat past fullness and ultimately feel tired and groggy afterwards, I would feel kind’ve gross actually. Still, I did it over and over again, year after year, because the food tasted so good! As I grew older, the food remained the same, but the soda magically turned into ice cold beer. But then I began to try new alternatives to the typical grilling fare and I found that I enjoyed it just as much and I felt much better afterwards. This Grilled Salmon Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing is one of those dishes that tastes so good you won’t miss the burgers and dogs.
Grilled Salmon with Yogurt Dill Dressing is super easy to make. There is no marinating needed as the salmon comes out perfect grilled with just a minimum of seasoning. I begin by firing up the grill. Whether its charcoal or gas, you want to have nicely preheated grates to cook the salmon on.
I lay the salmon filet on a cookie sheet and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. Let it sit while you make the dressing and cut the vegetables for the salad which should take about 15 minutes. Once you have the salad ingredients in a bowl and the dressing made, grill the salmon. Begin grilling with the skin up. Cook on that side for about 5 minutes (I cover the grill if the salmon is very thick to help the middle cook). Then, turn the salmon on the skin side and let it finish cooking until the salmon begins to flake. I tend to like it more on the well done side, but you can choose how long you want to cook the salmon. Top the salad vegetables with the warm salmon and then drizzle on the yogurt dressing. I love this grilled salmon salad the next day as well!
Here are a few of our other grilling recipes on Mediterranean Living:
Armenian Losh Kebab (Grilled Lamb and Beef Burgers)
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Garlic Balsamic Marinade
Grilled Marinated Summer Vegetables
Grilled Swordfish with Lemon Parsley Topping
Lebanese Grilled Corn with Cinnamon and Cumin
3 Mediterranean Chicken Marinades
Grilled Salmon Salad with Yogurt Dill Dressing
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon filet
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups mesclun salad mix
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/4 red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 radishes, sliced thin
- Fire up the grill. Gather all your ingredients
- Place salmon on a cookie sheet or large platter. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the salmon. Let sit while preparing dressing and salad.
- Whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- In a salad bowl or platter that will fit the salmon, add all of the salad vegetables.
- Cook the salmon filet skin side up (if there is skin) first on the grill. Grill for about 5 minutes (timing depends on heat and thickness of salmon and desired doneness) on one side and then carefully flip. Grill on the skin side until done. Remove from grill.
- Top salad with salmon. Drizzle on dressing. Serve immediately (although, this salad is just as good when the salmon has cooled off as well).
I made just the yogurt dressing and served it over salmon I made in the air fryer. The dressing was fantastic and I plan to make it as a veggie dip tonight
I haven’t tried making Salmon in the air fryer yet. Sounds brilliant!