Koula Barydakis’ traditional Mediterranean Diet salad is our favorite lunchtime salad. It’s perfectly balanced w/ protein packed nutty chickpeas and our favorite superfood avocado. You’ll get your greens in with salad, leaving you feeling healthful and fulfilled.
Photo Credit: Christine Dutton
Chickpea and Spinach Salad with Avocado (Greek Island of Crete)
- 1 pound boiled or canned chickpeas
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Place the chickpeas, tomatoes, avocado, onion, mushrooms, spinach, red pepper and cilantro in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Mix well and serve.
Calories: 406kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 12gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 365mgPotassium: 1317mgFiber: 13gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 8110IUVitamin C: 72mgCalcium: 187mgIron: 7mg
Have you tried this recipe? Tell us about it!Click here to rate this recipe in the comments section below.
Leave A Comment