We think you will like this tasty and healthier version of Blueberry Muffins that replaces butter with olive oil and calls for some wheat flour. The results are wonderful. Enjoy with your breakfast or as a dessert.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 24 muffins
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Dry ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blueberries (defrost, if frozen)
- Wet ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups milk (of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Stir in blueberries.
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix only until everything is incorporated (don’t overmix).
- Fill oiled oven tins with muffin mix.
- Bake for about 18 minutes or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
About the Recipe Author
Erika Ladd, R.D.
I am a registered dietitian, and love knowing and continually learning about food and our health. Nutrition has taught me that we really are what we eat. I ...More from this author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!