One of the keys to a really good couscous salad is to pay attention to the ratio of couscous to other ingredients. We believe in at least as much delicious vegetables, herbs and spices as the couscous. This Couscous Salad recipe is one of our favorites, with gorgeous flavors like parsley, lemon and cumin. Cucumber, carrots red pepper and red onion make for a wonderfully crunchy texture. This recipe is especially fantastic in the height of the growing season, when you can get your vegetables from your local farm stand or your own garden.
Red Pepper and Cucumber Salad with Couscous and Chickpeas
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 10 cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 1 cup couscous, raw
- 1 cucumber, peeled, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 can chick peas, 29 ounces, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, then to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare couscous according to directions. Once cooked, fluff with a fork, add tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Stir in well. Refrigerate to cool off.
- Prepare vegetables. Once couscous is cool, add all ingredients and refrigerate until time to serve.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!