The combination of olive tapenade with a white bean salad not only makes for a complete, hearty nutritious meal but also fills bellies without a lot of calories. Tapenade is popular in France, in the Provence region, yet this recipe is decidedly Italian. Using a food processor you can create this dish from start to finish in just 15 minutes and unlike many other salads, it stores well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Eat it for lunch on its own or at dinner accompanying Chicken Leek Soup with White Wine or Baked Vegetables in Olive Oil. Enjoy!
Olive Tapenade and White Bean Salad – Italy
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Add your rating below ↓
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups pitted olives (check for pits)
- 3 Tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil buy now
- juice of 1 lemon
- 28 ounce can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- small handful, fresh dill stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- To make the tapenade: Mince garlic in a food processor. Add rest of tapenade ingredients. Chop for about 30 seconds until everything is the size of capers.
- To make salad: In a large salad bowl, add tapenade and salad ingredients. Mix well with a large spoon. Best if chilled in refrigerator for about an hour.
About Recipe Author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!