This is my go-to pasta dish when I’m tired, I don’t really want to cook, but I want something satisfying and healthy. Pasta with Sautéed Spinach and Garlic can be prepared in 20 minutes (as long as you are cooking the pasta as you prep), has an easy clean up and is super delicious! This recipe also lends itself to lots of creativity as you can saute other veggies with the garlic and spinach such as red peppers, cherry tomatoes, onion, broccoli, zucchini or mushrooms. I like it without tomato sauce, but you can add some sauce as well.
Pasta with Sautéed Spinach and Garlic
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (4.8 /5)
- 8 ratings
- Add your rating below ↓
- 1/2 pound uncooked spaghetti
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan
- Cook spaghetti according to directions. Drain.
- Sauté garlic, oregano, and basil in olive oil on medium heat for 1 minute. Add spinach. Sauté for 3 minutes or until spinach is cooked down. Turn off heat and mix in balsamic vinegar
- In a serving bowl, toss pasta with oil and spinach mixture.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
About Recipe Author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!