For all the shrimp lovers! If you try this recipe, we assure that you will make it time and time again. We love to serve this with crusty bread for dipping.
Sizzling Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.9 /5)
- 7 ratings
- Add your rating below ↓
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, sliced thin (white only)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Sauté leeks in olive oil/butter mixture and a pinch of salt until soft. Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink. Remove from heat. Squeeze on lemon juice from half a lemon. Salt, to taste.
- Serve immediately. Drizzle remaining juices from pan on each plateful of shrimp. Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread (to sop up the oil).
About Recipe Author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!