For all the shrimp lovers! If you try this recipe, we assure that you will make it time and time again. We love to serve this with crusty bread for dipping.
Sizzling Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (3.2 /5)
- 17 ratings
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 leek, sliced thin (white only)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Sauté leeks in olive oil/butter mixture and a pinch of salt until soft. Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute more.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink. Remove from heat. Squeeze on lemon juice from half a lemon. Salt, to taste.
- Serve immediately. Drizzle remaining juices from pan on each plateful of shrimp. Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread (to sop up the oil).
JOIN OUR 10 WEEK PROGRAM
The Next Session Starts June 14th, 2021
The Mediterranean Way 10 Week Diet & Lifestyle program teaches you everything you need to know to easily and deliciously get the benefits of the proven healthy Mediterranean diet. Meal Plans, Recipes, Shopping Lists, Weekly Challenges and Lessons, Private Facebook Support Group, Cooking Videos and more!
“This program is a way of life, one which I have adopted successfully, and more importantly one which I have sustained for over one year now. My weight remains steady at 160 pounds (down from 216). My energy levels rival that of someone 20 years younger than me (I’m now 57), enabling me to exercise in any way that I desire, from lifting weights to intense cardio sessions.”
— Michael Little
“After completing my 10-week program, I had a regularly-scheduled appointment with my doctor. Because my cholesterol has always been above the normal range (229 last year) I requested that she test it again this year. I’m happy to report that my total cholesterol dropped to 169, which is in the normal range, and all my other numbers improved as well.”
— Claire C.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cookbook
"The scientifically acclaimed “Mediterranean Diet” is presented at its best here, with the liberal use of olive oil and plenty of vegetable and fish dishes in addition to mezedes (appetizers), meat dishes, desserts, and pretty much every Cretan dish you can think of."