We love the sweet potato, a common root vegetable touted as a Super Food. Loaded with nutrition and packed with flavor, we love them any time of the year. They’re excellent in soups, stews, casseroles and as veggie patties. And,one of our favorite ways to prepare them is as baked fries. What a great alternative to regular fries. Try our recipe for Sweet Potato Fries baked in the oven with spices. This is a flexible recipe and you choose your favorite spices to add to the fries. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Add your rating below ↓
- 1-2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Your choice of spices, such as oregano, cumin, chili powder, dash of cayenne or cajun spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice potatoes into French fry sized pieces.
- Place potato in a large bowl, add olive oil and sprinkle with all your favorite spices. Mix well.
- Place potatoes single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes until potatoes begin to caramelize (brown)
About Recipe Author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!