This traditional Cretan dish is flavorful, yet mellowing. It’s a perfect, delicious meal to impress your guests. We promise we won’t tell that it was so easy! We highly recommend this Greek salmon recipe be served with our traditional Greek Salad and roasted potatoes or a lemony basmati rice. Or you can have this with sourdough bread.
This recipe is extraordinarily healthy and loaded with Superfoods. It’s packed with healthful ingredients, such as spinach, lemons, garlic, and dill. And, of course, this dish has plenty of healthy fat from olive oil, yogurt, and salmon.
Photo Credit: Christine Dutton
Salmon with Yogurt, Spinach, Lemon and Capers
- 2 lemons, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 16 ounces container Chobani Greek yogurt
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or squeezed through garlic press
- 10 ounces bag fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup capers, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh salmon filet (wild, not farm raised, if possible)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Layer the lemon slices in the bottom of a casserole dish (needs to be big enough to fit salmon in one layer).
- Mix yogurt, garlic, spinach, olive oil, dried dill, salt, pepper, and capers in a bowl.
- Place salmon on top of lemon slices.
- Cover salmon with yogurt mixture.
- Cover casserole dish tightly with aluminum foil or other tight cover.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, uncover and continue baking for 10-20 minutes more, or until salmon is flaky and no longer pink in the middle. Drain excess liquid if necessary.
I served this first while staying with friends and it was a huge hit! I served it with asparagus and a side salad. Loved that it was a healthy entree and so popular! Will be a go to quite often!