You can’t beat this beet recipe! This is a flavorful, well-rounded and crunchy salad to show how delicious and beautiful your winter vegetables can be. Use our recipe for dijon vinaigrette.
How to toast walnuts: Toast walnuts in a skillet on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn!
Beet and Carrot Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Goat Cheese
- 4 cups lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 large raw beets, peeled and shredded or 2 medium
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup Dijon Vinaigrette see recipe
Calories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 10gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 446mgPotassium: 505mgFiber: 5gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 5775IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 2mg