Start your morning off right with this delicious, easy & healthy Granola recipe. This Mediterranean Diet breakfast recipe uses a short list of whole foods and has just the right level of sweetness. As a plus, this recipe is also gluten-free. Oats are naturally gluten-free, but be sure that your oats are not made in a facility that also processes wheat products.
Check out more delicious Mediterranean Diet breakfast recipes here!
Maple Almond Granola with Coconut (Gluten-Free)
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, almonds, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, maple syrup, and salt.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients. Stir until everything is incorporated well.
- Spread granola evenly over two cookie sheets. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until granola is golden brown and crispy.
Store in glass and keeps for a couple weeks. Does it need to be refrigerated? Or just glass container non refrigerated?
Yes, it will stay good at room temperature in glass (i.e. sealed Mason Jar) for a couple of weeks.
Best I have ever had.
I love this granola. It is the best I have ever eaten. I make a batch every other week. My husband was never a granola eater, but he adds it to his regular cereal. I add fruit and maybe a dollup of greek yogurt and almond milk.
Great in the summer when it is too hot for oatmeal.
Our family loves it with Greek yogurt and fruit as well!
How do you store it and how long will it last?
You can store it in a mason jar or a glass jar. It should stay good for at least a couple weeks and you will notice when it starts to go stale. Let me know if you make it!