Falafel is a popular Mediterranean dish that is served up in countries such as Egypt, Israel and Lebanon. This is a great recipe and a wonderful option for a Vegan meal.
Published on December 17, 2013 | In Egyptian, Greek, Israeli, Lebanese | By Bill Bradley, R.D. | 0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- Add your rating below ↓
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cups chickpeas (canned), rinsed, drained
- handful of parsley, chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea or white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mince garlic and onion in a food processor
- Add all other ingredients. Pulse only until chickpeas are chopped.
- Form 2” round patties
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour (up to 1 hour).
- Fry on medium heat in olive oil.
- Top with tahini sauce. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, and pita bread.