Falafel is a popular Mediterranean dish that is served up in countries such as Egypt, Israel and Lebanon. This is a great recipe and a wonderful option for a Vegan meal.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Moderate
- (5 /5)
- 2 ratings
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cups chickpeas (canned), rinsed, drained
- handful of parsley, chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄4 cup chickpea or white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mince garlic and onion in a food processor
- Add all other ingredients. Pulse only until chickpeas are chopped.
- Form 2” round patties
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour (up to 1 hour).
- Fry on medium heat in olive oil.
- Top with tahini sauce. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, and pita bread.
About the Recipe Author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!