Start your morning off right with this delicious, easy & healthy Granola recipe. This recipe uses a short list of whole foods and has just the right level of sweetness. As a plus, this recipe is also gluten free. Oats are naturally gluten free, but be sure that your oats are not made in a facility that also processes wheat products.
Granola (gluten free)
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 5 cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 5 ratings
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free)
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, almonds, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, maple syrup, and salt.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients. Stir until everything is incorporated well.
- Spread granola evenly over two cookie sheets. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until granola is golden brown and crispy.
About the Recipe Author
Christine is the Wellness Coordinator for Mediterranean Living and is very happy to be involved in the development and growth of this organization. She has many years of experience in non-profit ...More from this author
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!