Enjoy this quick, easy, and elegant salmon dish that mingles the sweetness of honey with the zippy flavor of dijon mustard. Almonds and salmon make this quick and delicious recipe extra high in omega-3’s.
Honey Mustard and Almond Encrusted Salmon
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (1.9 /5)
- 4 ratings
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 pound salmon filet
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix honey and mustard. Add almonds and mix well.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice in bottom of a baking dish.
- Place salmon filet in baking dish, skin down. Sprinkle filet with sea salt.
- Spoon almond mixture on top of filet and spread to cover all of the salmon.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes or until salmon is flakey.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!