Tahini is enjoyed in many countries in the Mediterranean. Here is a traditional recipe for a Tahini Sauce that will go great with your falafel, or as a dressing.
Tahini Sauce with Lemon and Garlic
- Prep Time
- 1 cup
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Add your rating below ↓
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mince garlic in food processor.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. Process for 10 seconds.
- Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Don't over-process! Salt and pepper, to taste.
About Recipe Author
The Mediterranean Way Program
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!