It can be pretty challenging to find a tasty gluten free treat. After a lot of experimentation, we think we nailed it with these Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins. This Mediterranean Diet breakfast recipe takes 30 minutes from start to finish! How-to-Video below!
From the upcoming book “Eating Mediterranean in New England” by Bill Bradley, R.D., L.D.N.
Check out more delicious Mediterranean Diet breakfast recipes here!
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins - Recipe and Video
- 1 cup cornmeal (fine flour) (most cornmeal is gluten free, but double check
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs, mixed with fork
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soymilk (or regular milk)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh) small works best