It can be pretty challenging to find a tasty gluten free treat. After a lot of experimentation, we think we nailed it with these Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins. This Mediterranean Diet breakfast recipe takes 30 minutes from start to finish! How-to-Video below!
From the upcoming book “Eating Mediterranean in New England” by Bill Bradley, R.D., L.D.N.
Check out more delicious Mediterranean Diet breakfast recipes here!
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins - Recipe and Video
- 1 cup cornmeal (fine flour) (most cornmeal is gluten free, but double check
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs, mixed with fork
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup soymilk (or regular milk)
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh) small works best
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients well in one bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients well in another bowl.
- Add wet to dry ingredients. Mix well with a fork.
- Add blueberries and mix only until blueberries are incorporated.
- Grease a muffin tin with olive oil. Fill tins to top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffin top is set.
Wouldn’t almond flour be a healthier alternate than corn meal which is typically GMO and starchy?
I have used almond flour in place of corn meal successfully with other recipes and will try it with this one.
Definitely let me know how it comes out!
I just made these muffins, and they are delicious! I subbed Target’s gluten free flour mix for the rice and tapioca flour, and they came out just fine. I also used frozen wild blueberries. I will definitely be making these again!
I’m glad the flour worked for you! Glad you loved them. Thanks for commenting :)