There is no need to buy store-bought dressings when you can make your own with this tangy and deliciously balanced Lemon Parmesan Dressing. This Mediterranean salad dressing is one of my favorites, is super easy to make, and is better than anything you can get in a bottle. It will last up to a week in the refrigerator. Besides a salad dressing, this can also be used to top fish before baking.
Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dill, dried
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and whisk for about 2 minutes until mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour dressing into a jar. You can serve right way or refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors blend.
I have made this recipe several times now, and each time it seems to get better and better. Yum!
I actually make a dressing of 1/2,c lemon juice, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1/8 tap. Lawry’s garlic salt, and 1/4 cup EVOO. It’s quite sour, but with an ounce of feta cheese sprinkled on my salad and a couple of Tbsp. Of this dressing, it’s delicious. The feta mellows the tartness of the lemon.
That sounds delicious! -Bill
I made this dressing as part of a meal I delivered to some friends. They loved it, and so do I! It is now standard at our house for Mediterranean salads. .
Great! Thanks so much for commenting!
A great dressing can really elevate an ordinary salad to something special. This dressing is fabulous!
Thank you! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Lemon Parmesan Dressing.