Start your morning right with this Hard Boiled Eggs with Olive Oil and Toast dish. It’s simply delicious and comes together quickly, so it’s a good choice if you are short on time. This would also go well with a side of sauteed greens.
Hard Boiled Eggs with Olive Oil and Toast
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 eggs
- 1 or 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place eggs in a saucepan covered with cold water. Bring to a boil.
- Remove eggs from heat. Let sit, covered, for 12 minutes.
- Pour cold water into saucepan to stop eggs from cooking.
- Peel eggs under running water
- Toast bread.
- In a bowl, cut eggs in half. Drizzle on olive oil. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with toast. Dip toast in olive oil.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Foods of Crete Cook Book
Do you want to eat like the
healthiest people in the world?
In the 1960’s, the Greek island of Crete had the highest longevity rates in the world, the men lived to be the same age as the women and researchers could only find one man on the island who had heart disease.
In our cookbook, Foods of Crete: Traditional Recipes from the Healthiest People in the World you will find over 110 delectable recipes by Koula Barydakis, a chef and cooking teacher from the island and a guide to eating the Mediterranean diet by Bill Bradley, Registered Dietician.
Buy Olive Oil From Crete
Delicious and buttery, this is the oil that can be used for all your cooking needs including sauces, dressings, soups, bread dipping and even baking! Makes everything taste better!